Sunday, October 13, 2013

FAKE Tuna Salad with Tangy Beet Relish

    Believe it or not, sometimes even vegetarians get the craving for meat. It definitely doesn't happen very often but if I am having a particularly busy week with very little time to get my protein in, I will start to crave massive amounts of protein. These are the times where I have to stop myself, and find something that will keep me full, and give me the energy I need to continue. Of course while eating lite, it's also important that I can get the most amount of protein with the smallest amount of calories. Enter Tempah. Tempah is a great meat alternative that is low in calories, high in protein, and high in nutrients and vitamins.
    The other day, I was craving tuna and so I decided to put tempah to the test. Here's what you'll need:

Step 1: Cut your tempah into teeny tiny pieces


Step 2: Cut your pickled beets into pieces, as well. Use the extra beet juice as well, to soften the tempah.

Step 3: Add mayonnaise, veganese, or whatever floats your boat for flavor.

Step 4: I also like to add mustard for flavor, as well as salt and pepper to taste.

Voila! A perfect fake tuna salad. You can serve with bread, tortilla wrap, or eat it plain because it is that good!


No comments:

Post a Comment